It’s been 4 years since Sonoma County’s landmark Healthy & Sustainable Food Action Plan became our shared vision of a healthy, sustainable, and just food system. We invite you to join your fellow community leaders to celebrate what has been accomplished to implement this vision and to help shape the next phase of the FAP.
This will be a fast-paced day featuring new and emerging voices in the food system.
- A quick, but deep look at the work going on in Sonoma County that supports the Healthy & Sustainable Food Action Plan
- A dynamic exploration of Agriculture & Natural Resources, Economic Vitality, Healthy Eating, Social Equity
- Perspectives on challenges and opportunities in food and farming from local leaders
- A chance to shape the next set of actions and priorities for building a better Sonoma County food system
- Presentations by 4th District Supervisor James Gore, 3rd District Supervisor Shirlee Zane, Joseph McIntyre of Ag Innovations, David McCuan from Sonoma State University, Tony Linegar, Sonoma County Ag Commissioner, and more!
WITH DEEP APPRECIATION TO THE 2016 SONOMA COUNTY FOOD SYSTEM ALLIANCE SPONSORS
Sonoma County Department of Health Services
Sonoma County Ag Preservation & Open Space District
American Ag Credit
KRCB: North Bay Public Media
Sonoma County Go Local Cooperative
Community Foundation of Sonoma County
Grange Credit Union
Sonoma County Farm Trails
Community Alliance with Family Farmers, North Coast
Gold Ridge Resource Conservation District
Leadership Institute for Ecology and the Economy
Sonoma Land Trust
Sonoma Resource Conservation District
Clover Stornetta Farms
Straus Family Creamery
Whole Foods Market